Welcome! As we step out in faith to adopt from Ghana, we started this blog as a way to share the story of our adoption journey with family and friends. Step by step on this journey we are learning to trust in and rely on God all the more.
If you would like to start reading about our journey from the beginning start with the January 1st post, "How it all Started".

Saturday, February 20, 2010

While Looking Through the Window, We Wait

We stand looking through the window of adoption loops and blogs. We watch as some families get their referral, as some meet their children, and as some bring their children home.We are not sad. We are not jealous. We don’t quite know what we are feeling.


At the beginning of this journey things happened so fast and now there is really nothing to do but wait. We are not upset that we have to wait; we know that it is a part of the journey.


There is plenty to do. We are still waiting for the certified copy of our home study. When that comes in there is more paperwork, the house to be made ready (like the major renovations Ken has started in the basement), and who knows what else. Right now it starting to feel more like a dream than a reality.


Over the last few weeks the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller has been running through my head. This will be our prayer as we wait.


Here are the lyrics...


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait


I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait


I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, the waiting is worth it....and don't miss what God is teaching you in the process! He has quite the plan for you!!!

    ReplyDelete