Welcome! As we step out in faith to adopt from Ghana, we started this blog as a way to share the story of our adoption journey with family and friends. Step by step on this journey we are learning to trust in and rely on God all the more.
If you would like to start reading about our journey from the beginning start with the January 1st post, "How it all Started".

Sunday, June 26, 2011

May 28th – B-day and Departure Day


Today is a special day. Nicole is now officially a teenager and we are starting the first leg of our trip to Ghana. We spent the morning working on some projects and doing some last minute packing.

 I found myself tearing up randomly today. I am feeling so many things. I’m both nervous and excited about the trip. I’m sad that we didn’t do anything for Nicole on her birthday. And I’m sad we have to leave Jacob and Nicole for so long. But I am so beyond excited to be able to meet our new children.

We brought the kid’s to Ken’s parents, around noon, on our way to the airport. We got the kids settled and before we left Ken recorded Jacob, and then his parents, sharing a message to the kids that we would play for them while we are in Ghana.  His mom was wonderful and made us lunch-to-go.

I won’t bore you with the rest. The conversation was great, the flight was good, the hotel was nice, and the pool was relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment