Welcome! As we step out in faith to adopt from Ghana, we started this blog as a way to share the story of our adoption journey with family and friends. Step by step on this journey we are learning to trust in and rely on God all the more.
If you would like to start reading about our journey from the beginning start with the January 1st post, "How it all Started".

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

OUCH!!! But So Worth It!


Today Ken & I went to get our 2nd round of shots for when we finally get to go to Ghana. Our first appointment was the 28th of October.

 Can I tell you?….I really, really don’t like shots! But my children-to-be are more than worth it! Thankfully our nurse was very gentle with giving them.


Ken was thrilled not to have to take the horizontal position again. You see, my darling has a habit of passing out when giving blood. In fact, was told, don’t come back by the Red Cross. Recently, he passed out while getting a simple blood draw at the doctor’s office.


On the way to the health department to get the immunizations, in Oct., I joked with him that it would be interesting to see if he passed out from getting the shots. Guess what? He almost did. Poor guy, I couldn’t help it, but I laughed. He claims he was thirsty and knew he would get a free coke if they thought he was on the verge. Don’t believe it, though. Lol. He was thrilled he didn’t have any trouble the second time.   


No comments:

Post a Comment