Welcome! As we step out in faith to adopt from Ghana, we started this blog as a way to share the story of our adoption journey with family and friends. Step by step on this journey we are learning to trust in and rely on God all the more.
If you would like to start reading about our journey from the beginning start with the January 1st post, "How it all Started".

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Decision is In

So the decision in and our children will be between 0-6. This was not the age limit we were hoping for, but we know God’s plan is perfect.


Tonight, I’m sad, frustrated & disappointed that someone has the power to decide what is right for our family. And while we did not get what we want, it’s not about us. It is about following in obedience God’s call for us to adopt and it’s about the children he has purposed to be ours. He has set in motion the circumstances, timing and plan to bring us together & I can’t wait!


I can’t wait to hold you and love & tell you of how much God loves you. I can’t wait to dry your tears, answer your questions and comfort your wounded spirits. You are loved!


Wow! God is so amazing! This afternoon I wanted to try and get my mind off “the decision” so sat down to check on one of the adoption blogs I follow. I happened to click on the link to a blog they follow and there staring me in the face was the perfect verse for us at the very moment we needed it. See, part of the disappointment is the potential extended wait time that we are going to face. Once again God used His Word to remind me that He is in control of everything, including the timing. Habakkuk 2:3 - But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment