Welcome! As we step out in faith to adopt from Ghana, we started this blog as a way to share the story of our adoption journey with family and friends. Step by step on this journey we are learning to trust in and rely on God all the more.
If you would like to start reading about our journey from the beginning start with the January 1st post, "How it all Started".

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WHAT?!?!

Today we received an email from the social worker doing our home study. It was a form letter to inform us she is resigning and her last day will be February 2nd. “WHAT”?!?! Yes, I immediately emailed her & asked if she is going to finish our home study and if they had yet decided on the age limit. She told me that yes, she was planning on finishing the report, well at least the draft, and no, they had not yet made their decision.


As I was anxious about what this meant for us and the timing of everything and what I needed to do, (well I don’t know what I thought I could do, but of course there was something I was supposed to do, right?) God put this verse before me. James 1:5-7 - 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. Yes Lord, I hear you. I continue to trust that You have this all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment